Saturday, July 11, 2015

Have A Ball!

Good morning friends!  I hope you're having an amazing weekend so far.  I picked up a new Lawn Fawn stamp at my local shop, The Paper Cottage, a couple of days ago and found some time to play yesterday.




This sweet (pun intended) stamp is called Sweet Smiles and it was so much fun to color.  I used my new Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and water to color the image.  I love the bright colors these markers offer and I think they are so easy to use.  I colored a few extra gumballs and cut them out using the Sweet Smiles - Lawn Cuts die.  I had planned to use Glossy Accents on the glass bowl of the gumball machine.  Fortunately I tested the Glossy Accents on an extra gumball I had stamped and colored.  Since this ink reactivates (is that the right word?) when it gets wet, the GA made the ink run a little.  Since I had so many different colors of gumballs I thought I might end up with a hot mess if I used the GA so I decided not to use it.  I will definitely have to color another image with copics and try out the Glossy Accents on it - I think it would look great shiny.    I did use some Wink of Stella on the gray parts of the machine to try to give it more of a "metallic" look.  I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies from Your Next Stamp to cut my dp and the white watercolor paper.  I love the finished edge this die gives to the paper. 

Thank you for stopping by.  

Hugs, Anita

Stamp:  Lawn Fawn - Sweet Smiles
Paper:  BoBunny; Strathmore watercolor paper
Other:  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Lawn Fawn Sweet Smiles - Lawn Cuts die, YNS Stitched Rectangle Dies, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker      

1 comment: