Friday, August 14, 2015

Sweet Hello

Good morning and happy Friday!  I've been seeing so many cards with inky backgrounds and thought I'd give it a try.


 
This sweet little panda bear is from Your Next Stamp's Love and Smiles set and the sentiment is from the Woodland Cuties set.  I colored the panda and balloon with copics and cut it out using the coordinating Love and Smiles Die Set.  I cut a panel of watercolor paper using the Stitched Rectangles Die and applied some distress inks with a watercolor brush.  Then I tapped on a smaller paintbrush to add some darker spatters of ink.  The background was fun to make and I think it really makes the panda stand out on this card.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you have a great weekend!
 
Hugs, Anita
 
Stamp:  Your Next Stamp - Love and Smiles and Woodland Cuties
Paper:  Strathmore 140lb Watercolor
Other:  Distress Inks, Copics, YNS Love and Smiles Dies, YNS Stitched Rectangles Die, embossing powder 

3 comments: